Apply for a summer volunteership at the Board
SUMMER VOLUNTEERSHIPS (Various Roles)
The Board of Deputies of British Jews exists to promote and defend the religious and civil liberties of British Jewry.
As the community’s democratically elected, cross-communal leadership organisation, the Board connects with Government, media and wider society, providing a unique means through which all British Jews can be heard and represented.
The summer volunteerships are designed to give talented individuals an insight in to the workings of the Board’s dynamic public affairs team. As well as supporting the ongoing work of the team, summer volunteers will be given autonomy over individual projects.
Summer volunteers will have the opportunity to engage across a wide range of issues and disciplines including parliamentary engagement, international affairs, education, religious freedom, interfaith relations, social action and local government outreach. There is a focus on making this opportunity as suited as possible to the future aspirations of the volunteer.
- Events and logistical support
- Reading and summarising incoming reports
- Writing briefings
- Stakeholder mapping
- Updating contact databases
- Supporting staff, including note-taking, in meetings with MPs, embassies, faith leaders, etc
Relevant Experience and Interests
- Have previous interest and experience in one or more of interfaith relations, social action, policy, Government, politics & education.
- Be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the UK Jewish community and its institutions.
- Have experience in organising events.
- Have a confident and professional phone and personal manner.
- Be able to commit to a minimum of 2-3 days per week for a period of at least one week.
Dates of Volunteership: Flexible periods from the end of June until early September.
Additional Details: Travel expenses inside London and lunch expenses paid. The volunteership will be located in Camden Town.
Applications: Please send a copy of your CV together with a covering letter (neither more than two sides), indicating why you want this volunteership and what your relevant experience against the job description and person specification. Please also include your possible start and end dates. Please send these to email@example.com by 9:30am on 22nd June 2015. Candidates successful at this stage will then be invited to an interview in late June/early July.